FAQ & Support
Calling.net is a new and simple way to make low rate domestic and international calls over the internet, mobile, home, or business phones.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does Calling.net work?
- Can I make Calling.net calls right away?
- Does Calling.net have fees or require a contract?
- Will I get a bill in the mail?
- The country I am calling has more than one rate listed on the Rates page. What does that mean?
- What are the Calling.net rates?
- Are the rates higher if I call to a cellular phone?
- The location I am calling has a "Mobile" rate listed on the Rates page. What does that mean?
- I do not see the city I am calling listed on the Rates page. What rate will I be charged?
- Are there any additional charges?
- Does my Calling.net account have an expiration date for the money I add?
- How do I add funds to my Calling.net account?
- How often does Calling.net calling rates change?
- Is there a Calling.net app that I can use on my smartphone?
- Is Calling.net available for businesses?
How to Make Calls with Calling.net
- Can I use my Calling.net account from any phone?
- How do I make a call from my cell phone with Calling.net?
- How do I make a call from my landline phone with Calling.net?
- My international call will not connect. What should I do?
- How do I make multiple calls without having to hang up my phone?
- Am I going to need a local access number?
- Can I use Calling.net to make calls while I am outside of the U.S.?
- I would like to make an international call to a cell phone. Will the person I call incur any additional charges?
- What is an international local access number?
- How do I retrieve my Calling.net Account Number or Activation code?
- Can I change my Calling.net account number? I have a new phone number and would like to use it as my account number.
- How do I contact Calling.net Customer Service?